Today, I am going to do an overview of Aesthetic treatments, and share with you GOLDEN principles to beauty.
Everyone wants to fulfil the highest, purest, truest expression of yourself. As taken from Oprah.
Someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
Your greatest beauty is when you express yourself.
If something is important enough, you do it, even if your critics tell you otherwise.
- Why we do this?
- Identify your face shape
- What options do we have – FACE | SKIN | HAIR| BODY
- How we age? – Video
- Video on fillers and threads.
- HAIR – Alopecia and Hirsutism – In previous article
- Weight loss programme – Previous article
• Rapidly maturing population as medical advances raise life expectancy
• Non invasive treatments are the trend. They are effective, safe, with ultra short downtime.
• Look Good. Feel Great.
• US market for Cosmetic Procedures reached US$17.5 billion in 2015
How hot are you?
Here is the classic finger trap test taken from ABC news. Try it and see if you meet the criteria. =)
American Society of Plastic Surgeons 2015 Annual Statistics
- • Minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures boomed, with more than 13.9 million procedures in 2014. The top five minimally-invasive procedures were:
- • Botulinum Toxin Type A (6.7 million procedures up 6 percent from 2013 to 2014)
- • Soft tissue fillers (2.3 million procedures up 3 percent from 2013 to 2014)
- • Chemical peel (1.2 million procedures up 7 percent from 2013 to 2014)
- • Laser hair removal (1.1 million procedures up 3 percent from 2013 to 2014)
- • Microdermabrasion (881,905 procedures down 9 percent from 2013 to 2014)
Ideal Asian Beauty?
Its all about harmony and balance. A high nose may not suit every face. Similarly, a sharp chin may work well for some, but be unsuitable for others. Its not just about achieving the best nose and chin. Its about achieving the best features that complements and brings out the best in you.
Ideal Western Beauty?
What can we do?
- • FACE | SKIN | BODY | HAIR
- • SHAPE: Fillers. Botox. Threadlifts
- • SKIN: Tone. Texture. Colour .Clarity. Achieved thru – Lasers. Medical Peels
- • BODY: Lifestyle. Medication. Fat removal.
- • HAIR: Hair growth. Hair removal.
We ASIANS have Broad Features. Hence the key is for harmony and balance. Westerners have strong midline features. Science of beauty is based on Restoration, Enhancement and Rejuvenation.
• Principle – Restoration of tissue to original position
• 3 levels – Soft tissue. Bone. Skin.
The Maturing Face
Allow me to share with you an Incredible video shows a young girl growing old
Its principle is to restore and reposition your soft tissue, to its original position.
• Medical Peels
• Indication – To refresh your skin.
• Conduct – Once a month treatment.
• Risks – Redness, skin hyper and hypopigmentation.
Here is an excellent introduction to lasers.
Here is an elegant video on filler injections.
Here is one of my favourite videos that demonstrates a threadlift procedure.
HIKO nose threads
Arguably the best video on nose threads. =)
Anatomy of the face
The golden principle is as we age, we lose volume in the
Skin – We start losing collagen from age 25.
Bone – Bony resorption occurs and our chin, maxilla and orbits become gradually sunken.
Soft Tissue – We lost volume in our cheeks, temples and lips.
The cartoons below elegantly demonstrates this.
Skin loses collagen and elastin, and gradually thins out
Loss of soft tissue volume around the eyes, cheeks and jawline.
When I click on Read more of this post, it shows and error and I couldn’t read more.
Could you please advise?