THREADLIFT: Silhouette Soft vs PDO Threads, which is BETTER?
Thread lift review | Thread lift cost
What are patient PDO thread lift reviews 2018?
Having performed hundreds of PDO thread lift treatments, I can safely say that it has a near 80 % satisfaction rate. Many can feel and see the difference in their skin firmness, tightness and lifting.
What is Korean PDO Thread lift cost in Singapore 2018?
Prices vary across the board, depending on experience of your surgeon and whether the treatment is performed via a machine or manually.
In experienced hands, prices start from $1888.
Threadlift is fast gaining popularity as a lunchtime quick fix, without the downtime of a surgical facelift. It helps doctors create a tighter face and sharper V shape contour in our patients.
Silhouette Soft threads are the rage in Europe and US. They are made of PLLA material.
PDO threads are the rage in Asia, originating from Korea.
Both have their pros and cons.
If you are wondering about these 2 options, here’s some information for you to digest.
HOW DO PDO THREAD LIFTS WORK?
Via an immediate lifting and progressive tightening.
- Support: An immediate lift through repositioning and anchoring soft tissue
- Biostimulation: Regenerative action with collagen stimulation for progressive volumisation and natural firming and tightening over 3 to 6 months.
WHAT ARE PDO THREAD LIFTS| Silhouette Soft PLLA THREAD LIFTS MADE OF?
They are made of 100% absorbable and bio-compatible material, similar to those used in surgery. 2 common materials exist.
- PDO Thread lift: Polydioxanone material is commonly used as a surgical suture, and tends to last on average 6 months. These are the basic Korean threads, though differ brands differ in terms of design (monos, barbs, cogs, multi etc).
- Silhouette Soft PLLA : Poly-L-Lactic Acid material are also used as surgical sutures, and have greater longevity than PDO, averaging 12 months. Hence they can potentially stimulate collagen for a longer duration. Once dissolved, the material breaks down into glucose, carbon dioxide and water.
Whats the key difference between PDO THREAD LIFT VS SILHOUETTE SOFT THREAD LIFT?
In my personal opinion, here are 3 key points.
- PDO Thread lifts are superior for soft tissue Lifting. The instant and immediate lift is often tighter.
- PDO Thread lifts are superior for Nose Lifting. Koreans are the inventors of the HIKO Nose lift, which uses PDO threads.
- Silhouette Soft thread lifts are superior for volumization. The cones compress soft tissue together nicely.
WHERE CAN PDO, PLLA THREADLIFTS BE USED TO LIFT?
- JAWLINE and NECK
- MIDFACE, CHEEKS
HOW IS PDO, PLLA THREADLIFT DONE?
- No surgery.
- No cutting.
- No stitching.
There is no cutting of skin, stitching of skin layers. Based on individualised facial vectoring, absorbable ultra-fine threads are placed under the skin with minimal downtime which are explained below.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR PDO, PLLA THREAD LIFT?
Patients with mild to mild-moderate saggy skin with reasonable expectations.
What to expect with PDO, PLLA threadlift?
Immediate: Your skin is immediately lifted as the threads lift soft tissue to its new position. You may look and feel slightly tighter than the final result.
1 week later: You will start to look and feel more natural.
3 months: Skin rejuvenation peaks. You will notice improved skin texture, smoother and firmer skin.
6 months: PDO threads would have dissolved, but the results still persists for many more months.
Recommendation : I recommend LIGHT touchups 6 months after the initial treatment, to allow for a long lasting result of up to 2 years.
What are the risks with PDO, PLLA Threadlifts?
Depending on your skin quality and thickness, there may be temporary swelling, bruise and skin changes (puckering, visibility, bump). All these resolve with time.
|RISKS from Thread Lift|
|Temporary soreness, especially when opening mouth wide||Prolonged skin dimpling||Infection|
|Temporary swelling||Skin irregularities||Nodule formation|
|Temporary bruising||Thread displacement||Nerve injury|
|Temporary skin dimpling||Prolonged aching||Salivary gland injury|
ARE THE NEW THREADS, PCL, PLLA THREADS BETTER THAN PDO THREADS?
Here are the facts.
- PCL (Polycaprolactone) thread tends to dissolve after 24 months
- PLLA (Poly L Lactic Acid) thread tends to dissolve after 12 months
- PDO (Polydioxanone) thread tends to dissolve after 6 months
In theory, longevity sounds like a good thing, but this has a minus on the safety and efficacy profile.
Side effects tend to persist longer with PCL and PLLA threads, examples include skin irregularities like dimples, bumps. In addition, studies on efficacy are still limited. Claims of results lasting more than 2- 3 years are unsubstantiated.
Hence, in my opinion, it is best to stick with PDO threads until stronger studies are available.
For optimum and more lasting results, combine PDO Thread lift with Fillers, Botulinum Toxin and Energy based devices.
I hope this helps. Have a smashing week ahead!
For further information, feelfree to checkout this link FACELIFT.
DR DANIEL CHANG
MBBS(S’pore) MRCS (UK) MSc (UK)
Our work enables us to help people overcome the odds to look and feel their very best, and we are most thankful for that.
We know it’s always a challenge to find someone you can trust. We know and we CARE. We know no one is perfect and we have our shortcomings. But, we are dedicated to doing our BEST for you. We are here for you, here to EMPOWER and journey with you on your Aesthetic dream. TRANSFORM your solitary fantasies into a million realities. Fulfil the highest, truest, purest expression of yourself. Making ASIA, more beautiful, one face at a time.
Dr DANIEL CHANG | MASTERCLASS TRAINER | CATHOLIC | KICKASS MENTOR |