2018: HOW TO DEVELOP A STOIC MIND |WARRIOR MENTALITY | NAVY SEAL MODE
What is a stoic mind?
Every generation is different. In my experience, I have come across many who say the present generation, the so-called millennials, are a bunch of weak minded kids who cant handle failures, dont understand a thing about hardships, want everything but hesitate to make any sacrifices, dont know the meaning of perseverance, and have an overwhelming sense of self entitlement. They have a me first attitude, and dont care about anything else.
What is the millennial generation?
Definition varies, but for this article, we will take it as those born after 1980.
So how does having a stoic mindset feel like?
It is when
- You dont give a f***
- You are in charge of your emotions
- You are free to create the life you want
How many of us will get impatient
- When obediently lining up, a driver suddenly cuts our lane?
- When the queue at the grocery takes ages to move and our car is parked illegally outside?
- When a telemarketeer calls to ask us questions while we are busy at work?
- When a door to door salesman knocks on our door and wants us to spare a ‘little of your time?
Be like water. You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Be like water. – Bruce Lee
So the question is, how do we develop a successful stoic mindset?
- Desire nothing + Stay uncomfortable. Think of how Mother Teresa did it.
- Stay neutral + Dont judge others. Because everyone is fighting their own battle.
- Believe in yourself. You are your biggest ally, and your biggest enemy.
Choose to have a better life. Choose to let nothing disturb your peace. Be like water. – Dr Daniel Chang
So I hope this motivational sharing has been helpful to you. Let me know!
As for me, I am still learning, a tiny work in progress. Come back to me in 5 years time and I will let you know if I made it. =)
Happy Mid week!