“PLASMA SKIN RESURFACING FOR WITH SIMILAR RESULTS TO FRACTIONAL MICRONEEDLING | FRACTIONAL LASER BUT WITHOUT THE LONG DOWNTIME AND SIDE EFFECTS.”
I have had many enquiries about the plasma skin resurfacing treatment. Many are especially excited about what it offers as an alternative to surgical blepharoplasty.
In my experience, the plasma skin resurfacing has some unique benefits which no other technology can deliver presently. It is clinically proven for efficacy and safety.
I personally find it effective as a soft blepharoplasty treatment, dubbed the Virgin Eyelift, to improve the appearance of tired looking eyes. It is very suitable for those of you who want bigger, brighter more beautiful eyes without going under the knife. It is painless and has minimal downtime of redness, bronzing and crusting.
What can Plasma Skin resurfacing achieve?
- Improves Droopy Eyelids
- Precisely Tightens upper and lower eyelids without surgery
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Lifting and Tightening of Eyelids
- Instant Skin Glow and Tightening
- Reduces Acne Scars
- Alternative to Fractional Laser Resurfacing
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Droopy eyelids
- Older patients not keen for surgical blepharoplasty
- Wrinkles around the eye
How does Plasma skin resurfacing compare with RF Fractional Microneedling and Fractional skin resurfacing?
Plasma skin resurfacing treats all of your skin (vs. treatments like fractional lasers and micro-needling which only treat small parts of your skin), you get a more consistent result.
Plasma Skin Resurfacing: New collagen formation continues for up to a year.
Fractional Microneedling | Fractional Laser : Neocollagenesis period is alot shorter
Recovery period for Plasma Skin resurfacing is shorter as it leaves a layer of intact desiccated epidermis that acts as a natural biologic dressing and promotes rapid healing.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Immediate tissue contraction
- Continued Neocollagenesis – healing process
- Precision repairing of collagen and elastin
When used around the eyes, it regenerates skin cells and replaces damaged collagen & elastin with controlled precision.
The treatment promotes skin cell regneration, leaving you with a smoother and more even complexion. Fine lines and wrinkles are significantly improved.
HOW IS THE TREATMENT?
- 15 minutes to complete
- No Skin sensitivity
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF PLASMA SKIN RESURFACING?
- redness & swelling – with high energy treatments the redness may last 6 – 8 weeks after treatment
- peeling skin
- dark spots and skin discoloration (hyperpigmentation) are usually temporary
These side effects are temporary and settle after 7 – 10 days. Ice packs and ointments will help.
WHO ARE UNSUITABLE FOR PLASMA SKIN RESURFACING?
- People with dark skin
- People who have a history of scarring & keloid scars
- People with open wounds or active skin infections (like in acne)
- People with lupus, psoriasis or vitiligo
- People who’ve taken oral vitamin A (isotretinoin) or blood-thinners
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding
- People who have an immune deficiency or auto-immune disorder
WHAT BENEFITS CAN I EXPECT from Plasma Skin Resurfacing?
- Immediate tightening on the treatment area with no discomfort, and results improve with time.
- Persistent collagen regeneration for more than a year after treatment, backed by scientific studies.
- Firmer, brighter, bigger eyes, tightening of the upper and lower eyelids and improvement in fine lines, wrinkles and dark eye circles.
How safe is plasma?
How do I care for myself afterward?
- Use a gentle cleanser, abd absolutely no picking the crusts.
- Use a moisturizing sunblock SPF 50+ to protect your skin.
- Pls refrain from makeup for a day, to allow for healing.
What is the EVIDENCE FOR Plasma technology?
Plasma skin regeneration, PSR for short.
- 10+ years of pre-clinical and clinical testing
- No scarring or Hypopigmentation noted in studies
- one year clinical histology
This level of testing is very rare in the industry.
So I hope this has been helpful.
- Dr Daniel Chang
1 Lin MG, Yang TL, Chiang CT et al. Evaluation of dermal
thermal damage by multiphoton autofluorescence and
second-harmonic-generation microscopy. J Biomed Opt
2006; 11: 064006.
2 Alster TS, Konda S. Plasma skin resurfacing for
regeneration of neck, chest, and hands: investigation of
a novel device. Dermatol Surg 2007; 33: 1315–21.
3 Dover J, Arndt K. Very low energy plasma: Portrait study
results. In: Portrait Plasma Skin Regeneration: Treatment
Protocols and Aesthetic Outcomes. American Society of
Dermatologic Surgery 2007 Meeting, Chicago, IL, October
4 Bernstein EF. Very low energy plasma skin resurfacing
treatments improve photodamage. Lasers Surg Med 2007;
39(Suppl. 19): 17
For further information:
To learn more about:
Threadlifts, pls click here Facelift, V-Lift.
Dermal fillers, pls click here ABCs to Dermal Fillers.
Pigmentation, pls click here Pigmentation.
Acne, pls click here. Acne.