Laser | Pico-laser vs Q switched Laser
How does laser treatment for pigmentation work?
- Step 1: A consultation with your physician who diagnoses your clinical pigmentation condition and individualises a treatment plan
- Step 2: Medical grade FDA approved lasers target your pigmentation deeply, precisely and accurately in a way creams and peels cannot do. They warm up your pigmentation and shatter them into smaller bits.
- Step 3: These shattered pigments are then removed, leaving clean and clear, glowy and beautiful skin.
Is laser pigmentation treatment painful?
Most of my patients do not require numbing cream. They experience a warm tooth pick sensation. Those who apply numbing cream are fairly comfortable.
What are the side effects of laser pigmentation treatment? Is there any downtime?
I tell my patients to expect R.B.C. Most of my patients experience these side effectsover 3 days, and in some cases, 5 days. They are off to work the next day, so lasers in general do not contribute to any downtime.
Does laser pigmentation removal give permanent results?
Majority of my patients are now on laser maintainence. Our skin is dynamic, and sun exposure ever increasing. Patients see the benefit of lasers, and notice the difference especially after stopping treatment.
What is the cost of each laser treatment?
Q switched laser: Cost varies depending on the duration of treatment, type of pigmentation, and expertise of your doctor. It can range from $100 – $500
Pico laser: Cost varies depending on the duration of treatment, type of pigmentation, and expertise of your doctor.Prices range from $300 – $750
What is a Q switched laser?
The laser fires energy in short nanosecond pulses. These pulses break down pigmentation, and your body’s immune system, your macrophages, will gradually remove it. Q switched has been the workhorse of pigmentation removal. It is ideal for majority of pigments and sun damaged skin.
What is a Pico second laser?
It is an advance technology from traditional Q-switched Lasers, firing beams 10 times faster, hence feels less warm on your skin.
What is the benefit of a Pico laser vs a Q switched laser?
Traditionally, we have been using the the Q switched laser, and this laser does effectively address majority of pigmentations. Q switched lasers are excellent for large stubborn pigments like sunspots, Horis Nevus.
Studies demonstrate that Pico Lasers is superior to Q switched lasers for
- Tattoo removal
- Stubborn pigmentation ( A good example is melasma, which occur in 20% of the pigmentation patients I see in my clinic)
- Pores and superficial acne scars
SKIN REPAIR | REJURAN + SKINBOOSTER
What is ‘REJURAN HEALER’ and how does it work?
- It is a Polyneucleotide filler, aka a DNA filler. Polynucleotides are scientifically proven to assist with wound healing.
- REJURAN HEALER delivers DNA extracts ( polyneucleotides) into your skin. This repairs damaged dermal cells and keeps your skin healthy. In 7 days from the initial injection, you can feel your skin smoother and can notice enhanced firmness after 4 weeks.
- It gradually improves the general appearance and condition of your skin, keeping your skin young and healthy. This is something that other fillers cannot do. This injection is recommended as an anti-aging treatment.
What is skinboosters?
It is a hyaluronic acid based dermal injectible that is delivered to your dermis. It locks moisture and hence helps to keep your skin supple and hydrated. It is most effective for dry dehydrated skin.
What is the difference between Rejuran, Skinboosters and botox treatments?
- REJURAN HEALER: Repairs damaged skin dermal cells, keeping your skin young healthy and supple
- SKIN BOTOX: softening wrinkles
- HYALURONIC ACID based SKINBOOSTERS: Keeps dermis moisturized for longer time. Mainly for hydration.
Can REJURAN be combined with other treatments?
Combination treatment is the rage in Korea, Taiwan and here in Singapore. Many of you are currently undergoing treatments for various indications. The good news is yes. Rejuran enhances the efficacy of your existing treatments. These are the hottest combination treatments for rejuran presently.
- ACNE | ACNE SCARS – Rejuran is used together with microbotox to reduce oil production and skin redness.
- WHITENING – Rejuran is combined with laser toning to enhance skin brightening and whitening.
- NECK LINES | FOREHEAD LINES – Rejuran is combined with microbotox and dermal fillers to soften those extremely hard to treat neck lines.
- DARK EYE CIRCLES – Rejuran-i is deposited in microdroplets to reduce appearance of dark eye circles.
- ANTI AGEING – Personally, in my experience, I find combination of Rejuran with my proprietary boosters achieves very good anti ageing results.
In my humble experience, I find that combining techniques is necessary for patients with moderate to severe sagginess. Clinically, it results in a safe, efficient and effective non surgical facelift. Maintainence is recommended to enhance longevity of treatment. Hence I developed a personalised technique for non surgical facelift. This technique is safe, evidence based and simple. I call it the 4D-Facelift.
What is the 4D FACELIFT?
It is a treatment designed to lift your face non surgically and naturally by addressing different depths of your skin. D stands for depth, and here I focus on 4 skin layers.
What are the steps involved in a non surgical 4D Facelift?
STEP 1: T.I.E | Threadlift + Fillers + Collagen boosters ( Sculptra) + | Energy based devices ( HIFU)
STEP 2: Maintainence | Skinboosters + Rejuran ( For skin repair and hydration)
STEP 3: Home care | Antiageing creams, sun protection and hydration
Conclusion: What is the best treatment for non surgical facelifting?
For patients with moderate to severe saggy face, who do not want the downtime of surgery, it is good to consider the TIE approach.
I: Injectibles – Filler and sculptra
E: Energy devices – HIFU
The above is followed by 3 sessions maintainence treatment for skin repair and hydration with Rejuran + Skinbooster.
Coupled with a hardworking skincare regime of sunblock and moisturiser, you are on your way to seeing lasting changes you really like =)
Amidst the current downcast skies, lets give a friendly shout-out to a long lost pal. Lets not let what we cannot see, stop us from reaching out to someone we can see. Love thy neighbour and look out for one another. Studies show that when we express kindness to others, we feel great, our immune system is beefed up, keeping germs at bay. Stay kind, stay safe, stay connected. Have a Blessed International Happiness Day!-Dr Daniel Chang
I have looked depression and insomnia in the eye, and took them down. *Mcgregor style* || 我今天分享的是我自己的例子。我被诊断有憂鬱症，焦虑症，严重的过动证。16岁的時侯，我開始接受治疗。我深知社会对心理卫生疾病的看法，我发现言语与文字是有很大的影响力的，所以决定组织起来，帮助有需要的人。心理疾病也能发生在人生顺遂的人身上。2020是一個充满挑战的一年。如果你感到失望，沮丧，憂鬱，你并不孤单。我们的非盈利组织希望能够集结大家的力量，打败心理疾病。 我們有几个小组，由义工和专业人士组成 可以到我们的链接看一看。 LivesofSG 感到绝望|焦虑郁闷？你不是一个人。对于许多人来说，2020年是充满挑战的一年。如果您是一位年轻的专业人士（Gen X Y Z），却在焦虑和沮丧中挣扎，那么我们特别希望为您提供帮助。 项目总结|我们策略的基础知识 愿景：|| SG心理健康耻辱的系统，全面和临床摘录 建立一个可以公开，自由和积极地讨论精神健康问题的社区。我们将携手解决20-49岁的职业健康人士（众所周知的XYZ世代）困扰的精神健康问题。加入我们。加入我们的社区。团结一致的社区，多样性团结的社区。 我们主要关注=> WorkplaceDepression + PostnatalBlues 我们的核心支柱| LivesofSG的ABC 意识|建筑商|护理团队| 意识 -外展团队 -发布分享 -邀请志趣相投的人加入我们的社区 建筑商 -故事策划也称为HumansofNY风格 -个人分享和应对技巧的视频 -个人正面信息 护理团队 -教育部门 -工作场所变焦研讨会 -教授如何1.识别有危险的人2.共享应对技巧3.升级有危险的人 筹款| LiveofSG会议与我们的医生，心理学家，媒体心理学家，治疗师团队一起举办的慈善舞会。 Summary of 3 arms 组织通过三个主要管道提供协助。“我们的Awareness Ambassadors通过社交媒体接触新世代专业人士；号称Builders的组员则负责收集社会真实故事，通过视频和文字方式分享这些激励人心的故事，向社会传达正面讯息。另外，我们亦成立了Care … Continue reading Musings of a dear friend | LivesofSG
What is mask-ne? Mask-ne is acne breakouts as a result of our new norm, mask wearing. They can be in the form of comedones, whiteheads, blackheads, pimples. Who gets maskne? In my clinical experience, I notice mask-ne tends to affect teens and young adults more, and those with a propensity for adult onset acne. It … Continue reading Mask-Ne Singapore 2020 | Ask Daniel Chang
What causes eyebags? Firstly, it is key to identify if its a true eyebag or false eyebag. False eyebag: It is due to a hypertrophied lower eyelid muscle and can be improved with toxin Real eyebag: How severe is the eyebag? How saggy is the eyelid skin? How sunken is the midcheeks? What are non … Continue reading How to get rid of eyebags in Singapore | Ask Dr Eyebag