Laser | Pico-laser vs Q switched Laser
How does laser treatment for pigmentation work?
- Step 1: A consultation with your physician who diagnoses your clinical pigmentation condition and individualises a treatment plan
- Step 2: Medical grade FDA approved lasers target your pigmentation deeply, precisely and accurately in a way creams and peels cannot do. They warm up your pigmentation and shatter them into smaller bits.
- Step 3: These shattered pigments are then removed, leaving clean and clear, glowy and beautiful skin.
Is laser pigmentation treatment painful?
Most of my patients do not require numbing cream. They experience a warm tooth pick sensation. Those who apply numbing cream are fairly comfortable.
What are the side effects of laser pigmentation treatment? Is there any downtime?
I tell my patients to expect R.B.C. Most of my patients experience these side effectsover 3 days, and in some cases, 5 days. They are off to work the next day, so lasers in general do not contribute to any downtime.
Does laser pigmentation removal give permanent results?
Majority of my patients are now on laser maintainence. Our skin is dynamic, and sun exposure ever increasing. Patients see the benefit of lasers, and notice the difference especially after stopping treatment.
What is the cost of each laser treatment?
Q switched laser: Cost varies depending on the duration of treatment, type of pigmentation, and expertise of your doctor. It can range from $100 – $500
Pico laser: Cost varies depending on the duration of treatment, type of pigmentation, and expertise of your doctor.Prices range from $300 – $750
What is a Q switched laser?
The laser fires energy in short nanosecond pulses. These pulses break down pigmentation, and your body’s immune system, your macrophages, will gradually remove it. Q switched has been the workhorse of pigmentation removal. It is ideal for majority of pigments and sun damaged skin.
What is a Pico second laser?
It is an advance technology from traditional Q-switched Lasers, firing beams 10 times faster, hence feels less warm on your skin.
What is the benefit of a Pico laser vs a Q switched laser?
Traditionally, we have been using the the Q switched laser, and this laser does effectively address majority of pigmentations. Q switched lasers are excellent for large stubborn pigments like sunspots, Horis Nevus.
Studies demonstrate that Pico Lasers is superior to Q switched lasers for
- Tattoo removal
- Stubborn pigmentation ( A good example is melasma, which occur in 20% of the pigmentation patients I see in my clinic)
- Pores and superficial acne scars
SKIN REPAIR | REJURAN + SKINBOOSTER
What is ‘REJURAN HEALER’ and how does it work?
- It is a Polyneucleotide filler, aka a DNA filler. Polynucleotides are scientifically proven to assist with wound healing.
- REJURAN HEALER delivers DNA extracts ( polyneucleotides) into your skin. This repairs damaged dermal cells and keeps your skin healthy. In 7 days from the initial injection, you can feel your skin smoother and can notice enhanced firmness after 4 weeks.
- It gradually improves the general appearance and condition of your skin, keeping your skin young and healthy. This is something that other fillers cannot do. This injection is recommended as an anti-aging treatment.
What is skinboosters?
It is a hyaluronic acid based dermal injectible that is delivered to your dermis. It locks moisture and hence helps to keep your skin supple and hydrated. It is most effective for dry dehydrated skin.
What is the difference between Rejuran, Skinboosters and botox treatments?
- REJURAN HEALER: Repairs damaged skin dermal cells, keeping your skin young healthy and supple
- SKIN BOTOX: softening wrinkles
- HYALURONIC ACID based SKINBOOSTERS: Keeps dermis moisturized for longer time. Mainly for hydration.
Can REJURAN be combined with other treatments?
Combination treatment is the rage in Korea, Taiwan and here in Singapore. Many of you are currently undergoing treatments for various indications. The good news is yes. Rejuran enhances the efficacy of your existing treatments. These are the hottest combination treatments for rejuran presently.
- ACNE | ACNE SCARS – Rejuran is used together with microbotox to reduce oil production and skin redness.
- WHITENING – Rejuran is combined with laser toning to enhance skin brightening and whitening.
- NECK LINES | FOREHEAD LINES – Rejuran is combined with microbotox and dermal fillers to soften those extremely hard to treat neck lines.
- DARK EYE CIRCLES – Rejuran-i is deposited in microdroplets to reduce appearance of dark eye circles.
- ANTI AGEING – Personally, in my experience, I find combination of Rejuran with my proprietary boosters achieves very good anti ageing results.
In my humble experience, I find that combining techniques is necessary for patients with moderate to severe sagginess. Clinically, it results in a safe, efficient and effective non surgical facelift. Maintainence is recommended to enhance longevity of treatment. Hence I developed a personalised technique for non surgical facelift. This technique is safe, evidence based and simple. I call it the 4D-Facelift.
What is the 4D FACELIFT?
It is a treatment designed to lift your face non surgically and naturally by addressing different depths of your skin. D stands for depth, and here I focus on 4 skin layers.
What are the steps involved in a non surgical 4D Facelift?
STEP 1: T.I.E | Threadlift + Fillers + Collagen boosters ( Sculptra) + | Energy based devices ( HIFU)
STEP 2: Maintainence | Skinboosters + Rejuran ( For skin repair and hydration)
STEP 3: Home care | Antiageing creams, sun protection and hydration
Conclusion: What is the best treatment for non surgical facelifting?
For patients with moderate to severe saggy face, who do not want the downtime of surgery, it is good to consider the TIE approach.
I: Injectibles – Filler and sculptra
E: Energy devices – HIFU
The above is followed by 3 sessions maintainence treatment for skin repair and hydration with Rejuran + Skinbooster.
Coupled with a hardworking skincare regime of sunblock and moisturiser, you are on your way to seeing lasting changes you really like =)
Amidst the current downcast skies, lets give a friendly shout-out to a long lost pal. Lets not let what we cannot see, stop us from reaching out to someone we can see. Love thy neighbour and look out for one another. Studies show that when we express kindness to others, we feel great, our immune system is beefed up, keeping germs at bay. Stay kind, stay safe, stay connected. Have a Blessed International Happiness Day!-Dr Daniel Chang
Have you heard of JUVELOOK, Lenisna, the latest Hybrid Filler Collagen Booster from Korea? The product that contributes to the Korean Glass skin look? Juve Look, LENISNA is a self-regenerating collagen booster that combines PLA and hyaluronic acid. Collagen plays an important role in skin support. If collagen production decreases due to various reasons including aging, the skin…
GOURI vs Profhilo vs sculptra. Which is better? What is GOURI? Collagen Enabled Solubilized Active and Biodegradable Polymer Technology.It is DEXLEVO’s patent technology that enables regeneration of natural skin collagen andrejuvenates your skin without the use of microparticles. GOURI is the world’s first liquid-type PCL (Polycaprolactone) injectable that encourages sustainable collagen synthesis of natural skin that makes your skin…
ACNE free Skin | 青春豆.痤疮治疗 With year end coming, and heaps of feasting and merry making, the last thing we want are pesky zits appearing on our faces and spoiling our selfie taking habits. I hear you so sharing some tips to bring your best face forward this festive season! =P What are the 3…