Today we are going to revisit the Korean dewy look, and share with you simple measures you can do at home to kick-start your week…
What is dewy skin?
– Its the fine balance between a matt dry finish and a shiny, oily look.
– Its the look you get when your skin is healthy, well hydrated and radiant.
– The dewy look is in, and popularised by Korean stars.
How do we achieve the Korean dewy look?
This can be achieved thru good skincare, gentle make-up and aesthetic treatment.
A natural look involves a good skincare regime. Here is a simple, 3 step regime to dewy, glowing skin.
1) Gentle cleansing and Regular exfoliation – (Reason being, over cleansing irritates the skin, and leads to redness, stinging, burning, itch, and more sebum production) – Regular exfoliation of dead skin cells with skincare to reveal brighter, younger skin.
2) Effective moisturizing with an oil free, non comedogenic product. Finally, a good quality BB cream would do the trick and hold it all together.
3) Antioxidants to reduce the damage from the sun, induce skin lightening and anti ageing. — Common products in the market include Vitamin C, White Radiance and Crystal Tomato. – — What you can do at home is to stock up on Green tea, blueberries and cranberries. Perfect for a morning pick-me-up, teabreak or supper!
Now, because we all possess UNIQUE skin types, and different skin issues, the regime has to be individualised.
- Use of good, skintype appropriate skincare
- Light gentle spread of BB cream, concentrating on the areas that tend to have a shadow effect. (under eyes, nose corners, lip corners)
- Black mascara to revitalise the eyes
- Blusher to highlight and accentuate apple cheeks.
And finally, besides good skincare and light makeup, there is a product called skin boosters, to help you achieve just that. So today, I shall share with you some info about it.
What are they?
Hyaluronic acid, that works to rejuvenate your skin.
Skin rejuvenation consists of the following.
- Plumping for firmness, elasticity and tone
- Smooth, soft glowing skin
How are they used?
They are injected in multiple microdroplets just under the skin.
Who is suitable?
- Younger dull skin
- Matured, sun damaged skin
- Saggy skin
How many sessions are needed?
So I hope this has been helpful. Have an awesome weekend!
(We-fie at Juneis Clinic Korea)