What is cysteamine?
First and only topical cream containing cysteamine hydrochloride (HCl) to diminish the appearance of stubborn skin discoloration.
Is cysteamine cream safe?
Cinlically, cysteamine has 50 years of scientific legacy in pigment research. In Singapore, it is highly recommended by Dr Joyce Lim, a senior and eminent dermatologist based in Paragon.
It has less side effects of redness, itch and skin irritation compared to Triluma.
- Biological presence in human tissue
- Naturally produced in the human body
- Highest concentration found in human milk
How does cysteamine cream work?
Delivers powerful antioxidant activity with multiple effects on the appearance of skin discoloration
What happens if you leave Cyspera on too long?
Stick to the recommended 15 min. If left on for too long, you may experience redness and itch. This is temporary. Long term runs the risk of hypopigmentation in your skin.
After 6 weeks of application of cysteamine, the risk of skin irritation reduces considerably (skin hardening), and higher exposure times are usually well tolerated (although it is not necessary to increase the exposure time). There is no limit for the long-term use of cysteamine.
How do you use Cyspera cream?
- Do not wash the skin before use. Do not wash the skin before application.
- Leave on for 15 minutes. Apply a thin layer on the skin (a warming sensation or mild tingling may occur and last up to 30 minutes)
- Wash off. Remove by washing the area with a gentle face cleanser + Moisturise.
What is Tri Luma cream used for?
For pigmentation, namely melasma.
How long does it take for Tri Luma cream to work?
On average, 4-8 weeks. It is not recommended for long term use due to the side effects of skin atrophy etc.
Is Tri Luma effective when compared with Hydroquinone 4%?
Several studies comparing Tri–Luma to hydroquinone 4% alone show that Tri–Luma has a 30% better rate of complete clearing. However, it can be more irritating to your skin so learning how best to use it is critical.
Is Tri Luma good for hyperpigmentation? What is Tri-luma?
Tri–Luma contains hydroquinone 4 percent, fluocinolone acetonide 0.01 percent and tretinoin 0.05 percent. It is FDA APPROVED for hyperpigmentation.
If I have sensitive skin what should i start with first?
In my clinical experience, for my patients with super sensitive skin, I would let them start with Hydroquinone 2% every other night. Progressing to 4%, then cysteamine or triluma.
Good write up!!
Some patients report experiencing pain during treatment; others describe a “sharp” sensation, as if they are being pricked by tiny,…
This is a topic that is near to my heart… Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?
[…] area of expertise includes 1. non-surgical facelift | threadlift 2. Non-surgical noselift 3. Acne scars + […]
- Juvelook Lenisna Hybrid Filler Collagen Booster Singapore
- GOURI vs Profhilo vs SCULPTRA treatment | Singapore 2022
- ACNE treatment Singapore guide 2023 | Acne, Pores, Scars
- Dermal filler review 2022 Ellanse vs Sculptra filler | 少女针.童颜针.玻尿酸
- How to get rid of my neck lines | Treatment review 2022
Essentially, there will be no or very little downtime with this procedure. You can occasionally notice some redness that goes…