Question: How do you tell someone’s age? For me, I will look at their neck.
Traditionally the toughest condition to treat, eluding even the best plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Neck creases, neck lines or necklace lines are a tell tale sign of ageing. Up until now, very few doctors can confidently treat this condition.
What causes neck lines?
- Movement: Flexing your neck up and down further deepens your horizontal neck creases
- Ageing: This leads to loss of collagen and elastin
*Here’s a bit of history. A well defined, smooth, and toned neckline and jawline has been a sign of beauty since the time of the Great Egyptians. In fact, there is a treatment named after the Queen. Nefertiti neck lift procedure is a neuromodulator technique that helps your neck line and jawline. This was named after Queen Nefertiti, a beauty of her time.*
The horizontal neck creases represent skin attachments to your underlying platysma muscle.
These lines are notoriously difficult to treat.
Surgery cannot improve these lines.
In my experience, skin quality treats done at strategically can improve the appearance of these lines.
Dr Daniel Chang’s approach to neck lines
- Liquid Lift: A combination of Rejuran, Dermal Fillers and neuromodulators
- Threads: Proprietary threads to lift the lines and release the attachments
- Energy based devices: HIFU to tighten the skin
Can threadlift on its own help with neck lines?
No. And I can demonstrate this to you in a clinic setting.
What if there is coexisting double chin?
If there is coexisting double chin, then the use of cryolipolysis with FDA approved fat freeze will improve this magically.
Double chin is a result of accumulation of adipose tissue. When this is reduced, the double chin will improve.
That wraps it up. IMHO, the neck is one of the most important areas for facial rejuvenation. It provides the foundation for a youthful face. Treating the neck area is extremely challenging, but performed correctly, the results can be natural, yet dramatic.
Dr Daniel Chang
For information on DARK EYE CIRCLES, Feelfree to refer to this link.
For information on Rejuran.
- Wang, X. J., et al. “The clinical application of parotid fascia-SMAS-platysma flap in the lifting of lower face and neck.” Zhonghua zheng xing wai ke za zhi= Zhonghua zhengxing waike zazhi= Chinese journal of plastic surgery 25.4 (2009): 245-247.
- FAQS, THREAD LIFT, BOTOX FAQS, BUILD YOUR BRAND, MY VISION, FACE EDUCATION, YOUTHFUL FACE, FIXES VOLUME LOSS et al. “Aesthetic Treatments.”
- Cakmak, Ozcan, Ismet Emrah Emre, and Berke Özücer. “Surgical Approach to the Thick Nasolabial Folds, Jowls and Heavy Neck—How to Approach and Suspend the Facial Ligaments.” Facial Plastic Surgery 34.01 (2018): 059-065.