What is sculptra? What is Ellanse? 少女针.童颜针是什么?
Sculptra is a unique PLLA based collagen boosting filler (poly-L-lactic acid = PLLA).
Sculptra works to restore your facial volume by activating fibroblasts in your skin to produce new collagen in a process known as neocollagenesis. Type 1 and Type 3 collagen are the key products. It is a gradual process with naturally graceful changes.
ELLANSE is a non-hyaluronic acid (HA) filler. It contains Poly-Caprolactone (PCL) microspheres suspended in a gel-carrier made up of Carboxymethycellulose (CMC). When injected into the skin, ELLANSE like most fillers results in immediate lifting and sculpting effects.
What are patient reviews for sculptra?
On realself, a leading unbiased, objective patient review website based in the US, sculptra scores a whooping 82% from 1,041 reviews. Dont take my word for it. Read the 1041 reviews on their site. =) In my clinic experience, aesthetic treatments tend to yield subjective results. It is not often we get such high patient satisfaction rates. So for >1000 reviews and 82% ratings, its certainly SPEAKS volumes of the treatment.
What are patient reviews of facial fillers | hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in Singapore so far?
From realself, Dermal fillers have a >90% satisfaction rate for facial volume restoration and enhancement based on 3134 reviews. The reason being, Hyaluronic acid fillers have been FDA approved for use for more than a decade, so its safety and efficacy is without question.
What are patient reviews of Ellanse?
Because it’s a longer-lasting filler, you may have delayed side effects for as long as it stays in your body. It can’t be dissolved, if you don’t like the result or have a complication. RealSelf reviews who said it’s Not Worth It reported lumps and other visible side effects. Overall, a satisfaction rate of > 90% if used correctly in the right candidates.
However, do note that as of now 2020… ELLANSE IS still NOT an FDA approved filler. The long term side effects have not been as extensively investigated as the fillers above, and persistent nodules and granulomas tend to occur in patient’s with altered immune reactions.
What is the cost of ellanse, vs sculptra vs facial fillers | dermal fillers in Singapore in 2020?
This varies across the board. Cost depends on experience of injector. In experienced hands, prices of dermal fillers starts from $650…. Here is a breakdown.
Sculptra starts from $1500 per vial / session. Depending on your skin quality, vial is 3-5 cc of product.
Ellanse starts from $1200 per syringe. Each syringe is 1cc of product.
Juvederm starts from $850 per syringe.
Teosyal starts from $650 per syringe.
Restylane starts fromm $700 per syringe.
There are basically 2 main types of dermal fillers.
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers lnclude Restylane, Juvederm, Boletero, Teosyal range
Semi permanent, collagen boosting dermal fillers include Radiesse, Ellanse, Sculptra
What are the pros and cons of Sculptra vs Ellanse |
Pros of Sculptra:
- Unlike hyaluronic acid fillers, that volumise sunken faces and fill wrinkles. Sculptra has the additional ability to promote collagen production over time. So a gradual naturally graceful skin Optimizing treatment
2. With neocollagenesis, effects of sculptra last up to 36 months.
3. Collagenesis leads to skin tightening, whitening and brightening, a unique feature of sculptra.
4. Sculptra is a well regarded skin and facial volumiser. It can improve your dermis, subcutaneous and deep layers of your skin. It is particularly effective in patients with large facial volume deficits.
5. Sculptra is more cost effective when several syringes of dermal filler are required over extensive facial areas. Average cost of a sculptra programme ranges from $3600 – $5000, depending on the number of vials required. This works out to roughly the price of 4-5 syringes of Juvederm Voluma. In experienced hands, Ellanse starts from $1500 per syringe. The beauty of Sculptra is, you are getting more than 5cc of product =)
Cons of sculptra:
- Sculptra requires a minimum of 3 sessions unlike dermal fillers treatment which can be completed in 1 sitting. So more trips to your doctor is needed.
2. The results are not noticeble after a session. One would need at least 3 months for neocollagenesis to take place. So this takes time.
3. In some patients, who have reduced collagen producing properties, the effects of sculptra are reduced in terms of volume restored and duration or result.
4. Sculptra is not dissolveble unlike traditional Hyaluronic acid fillers. Hence for first timers who just want to augment a small area, I would recommend Hyaluronic acid fillers.
5. Compared to other dermal fillers like Ellanse, after Sculptra injection treatments, facial massage is NECESSARY AND A REQUIREMENT.
Moving on, we shall explore Ellanse in greater detail.
What Are the Types of Ellanse Fillers to Choose From?
Ellanse offers four types of fillers. Patients can choose the longevity of their fillers according to the following: Info is from the manufacturers
- Ellanse-S – This type of filler lasts for 12 months or one year.
- Ellanse-M – This type of filler lasts for 24 months or two years.
- Ellanse-L – This type of filler lasts for 36 months or three years.
- Ellanse-E – This type of filler lasts for 48 months or four years.
Clinically, in my hands, I find that the product does not last as long as reported. It is generally up to 2 years, even for E.
Which Parts of the Face Can Ellanse Be Used on?
Ellanse can be used to enhance the following:
- Cheeks – for filling and lifting
- Eyebrows – for lifting
- Forehead – for augmentation
- Marionette Lines – for smoothening
- Nasolabial folds – for smoothening
- Temples – for augmentation
Likewise, Ellanse can also be used to add volume to the hands.
How does Ellanse work?
Ellanse is a medical aesthetic procedure, that is administered with the use of syringes injected directly into your skin. As Ellanse enters your skin, its active ingredients work fibroblasts to stimulate collagen production.
Ellanse Effects: What Are the Expected Results of the Fillers?
Patients can expect to see instant effects after a complete session of Ellanse. Some of the enhancements that can be anticipated are:
- Improvement of skin folds and wrinkles
- More defined facial contour
- Increased volume of the skin on the area treated
Aside from the immediate results, there will likely be long-lasting effects from Ellanse.
What Are the Side Effects of Ellanse Treatment?
Side effects on the treated areas from an Ellanse injection:
Ellanse vs Sculptra | What are the pros and cons of each?
|ELLANSE||SCUPLTRA (Poly-L-Lactic Acid)|
|Generally does not require any massaging.||Optimal effect with massaging for 5 days in succession.|
|Can be applied on a specific area for contouring, such as the chin and laugh lines.||Is ideal for overall volumisation, collagen stimulation and skin quality improvement.|
|Effects are immediately noticed, while the skin is producing new collagen.||Effects can be seen after three to four weeks after the treatment.|
|1 – 2 session of treatment is needed for effects to last up to 2 years. Price wise, in experienced hands, it starts from $1500 per syringe. One syringe is only enough for a specific area.||3 – 4 sessions of treatment is needed for effects to last at least 2 years. Price wise, in experienced hands, it starts from $1300 per vial. One vial can be use for the entire face.|
Sculptra vs Ellanse | How Long Does It Take Before Another Treatment Is Needed?
Every face is different. Some skin produces more collagen than others. The site of application also matters as in areas with more dynamic movement, for example your laugh lines, fillers tend not to last as long. The choice of filler is a discussion to have with your Doctor.
How do I choose my Doctor for Ellanse | Sculptra treatment?
Both of these are advanced fillers, non reversible and in skilled hands, delivers more lasting results when compared to your regular Hyaluronic acid fillers.
Uncertified doctors may deliver an average job. Hence, there is a risk that the results are compromised.
Hence the adminstration of these collagen stimulating fillers requires advanced skill and technique, entailing precision and accuracy. When searching for a doctor using this filler, be sure to stick to one who has experience in collagen-stimulating fillers and the variation in human facial anatomy.
Good write up!!
Some patients report experiencing pain during treatment; others describe a “sharp” sensation, as if they are being pricked by tiny,…
This is a topic that is near to my heart… Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?
[…] area of expertise includes 1. non-surgical facelift | threadlift 2. Non-surgical noselift 3. Acne scars + […]