- What causes eyebags?
- Is it true Eyebags or false Eye bags or just dark circles and puffiness?
- What Causes Dark Circles Underneath Eyes?
- What causes dark circles under my eyes?
- How can I get rid of Eyebags?
- How long does under eye fillers last?
- What filler works best under eyes?
- Are Under eye fillers a good idea?
- Do DERMAL fillers help under eye circles?
- What can I expect after undereye fillers?
- Is under eye filler painful?
What causes eyebags?
The main cause of eye bags is ageing.
Is it true Eyebags or false Eye bags or just dark circles and puffiness?
- Firstly, it is key to identify if its a true eyebag or false eyebag or temporary puffiness from lack of sleep and water retention
- False eyebag: It is due to a hypertrophied lower eyelid muscle and can be improved with toxin
- Real eyebag: How severe is the eyebag? How saggy is the eyelid skin? How sunken is the midcheeks?
What Causes Dark Circles Underneath Eyes?
Dark circles as a general term used to describe various cosmetic concerns around the eyes. If you have skin that is thin and pale or have thinner fat pads underneath the eyes it can make the area appear dark and hollow. Everyone has a natural Valley on top of the rim of the bone that encircles the eye. This valley is a natural normal contour and may be deeper. The fat pad under the eyes as well as one cutting your cheek can become thinner or have lost volume. Fair skin with less melanin will allow fine network of blood vessels beneath the skin the show and will be more prone to skin darkening. Loose skin or fat bags may be causing shadowing. In addition, dark circles can also be affected by things like sun exposure, allergies, dehydration, and lack of sleep. Under eye fillers for dark circles may be part of your solution.
What causes dark circles under my eyes?
- reduced levels of fatty tissue around the eyes.
- thinning skin under the eyes.
- lack of sleep or poor sleeping habits.
- allergies, including hay fever.
- hyperpigmentation, which happens when the body produces more melanin, this is commonly genetic vs environmental
How can I get rid of Eyebags?
Here are some simple lifestyle and home remedies
- Use a cool compress. Wet a clean washcloth with cool water.
- Cut down on fluids before bedtime and limit salt intake.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get enough sleep.
- Sleep with your head slightly raised.
- Reduce allergy symptoms with antihistamines as needed.
How long does under eye fillers last?
Hyaluronic acid fillers typically last 9 months to 1 year.
What filler works best under eyes?
Hyaluronic acid fillers only. Any other type of filler runs the risk of ADVERSE EFFECTS.
I find the fillers from Galderma, Teoxane and Merz effective for treating the bags and dark circles that can appear under the eye. It offers more pronounced results, which can sometimes make it a good choice for patients with deeper hollows under the eyes.
Are Under eye fillers a good idea?
Under-eye filler, or any dermal (skin) filler, may seem semi invasive, but the truth is, it is an effective non surgical treatment for improving the appearance of your under-eye area.
Do DERMAL fillers help under eye circles?
Dermal fillers, like Redensity 2, Boletero Balance or Restylane products, in the under eye area can restore volume and smooth the fine lines to minimize the shadowing that cause dark circles, and to provide a cushion between blood vessels and skin to reduce darkness under the eyes.
What can I expect after undereye fillers?
Some people may experience mild bruising for the first one to two days after the procedure. In rare cases, bruising may last up to a week plus minus.
Is under eye filler painful?
The discomfort of an under-eye filler is manageable and is over in a few minutes. I use a blunt cannula, so sharp pain is rare, but you can expect to experience some light pressure.
What are non surgical options and who would be suitable?
Treatment of the eyebags is a complex topic, involving removal of your eyebag fat, tightening your membrane, as well as filling the valleys with dermal filler.
In my clinical experience, mild to early moderate eyebags are suitable for non surgical correction. Dermal filler to fill up the groove under the eyebag.
Energy based devices | RF and HIFU to tighten the eyelid skin. I use both machines and have found very nice results with a dedicated handpiece focusing on your eyelid skin. This is backed by scientific data in relation to the thickness of your eyelid skin.
And in advanced cases, there is an RF microfilament dedicated to reducing the fat compartment in your eyebag, hence reducing the eyebag bulge by burning off your eyebag fat. This is a patented device, and spares the eyelid skin. It consists of a single acupunture type needle, that makes a tiny puncture through your eyelid skin into the orbital fat layer. RF (radiofrequency) energy is carefully calibrated and delivered, inducing fat apoptosis. This is an ultra delicate treatment and requires a dedicated and precise handpiece.
That said, your eyebags may recur and may manifest itself during certain periods of the month.
What is the cost of non surgical eyebag removal | undereye fillers in Singapore?
- Dermal fillers start from $900 per syringe
- RF | HIFU treatment starts from $800 per session. 2-3 sessions may be necessary depending on skin laxity
- RF microneedle treatment starts from $2500 for 2 sessions.
How is Surgical eyebag removal done?
Step 1: 1cm incision in the inner part of the lower eyelid to access and remove the eyebag fat – a scarless procedure.
Step 2: Your eyelid membrane is tightened with sutures
Step 3: SOOF lift is performed. | In some cases, additional procedures, fat graft and skin removal is req.
What is the benefit of surgical eyebag removal?
Once eyebags are treated surgically in the hands of an experienced surgeon, they nearly almost never recur.
What is the cost of eyebag removal in Singapore?
Cost for surgical eyebag removal range from $3500 and up depending on experience of doctor, and the GST applies LOL.
I hope this has been helpful. Have a bold and beautiful week.
Essentially, there will be no or very little downtime with this procedure. You can occasionally notice some redness that goes…
Good write up!!
Some patients report experiencing pain during treatment; others describe a “sharp” sensation, as if they are being pricked by tiny,…
This is a topic that is near to my heart… Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?
[…] area of expertise includes 1. non-surgical facelift | threadlift 2. Non-surgical noselift 3. Acne scars + […]
- GOURI vs Profhilo vs SCULPTRA treatment | Singapore 2022
- ACNE treatment Singapore guide |
- Dermal filler review 2022 Ellanse vs Sculptra filler | 少女针.童颜针.玻尿酸
- How to get rid of my neck lines | Treatment review 2022
- Botox | Dysport | Xeomin. | 肉毒素