How common is hair loss?
60% of women and 80% of men will experience hair loss at some stage in their lives. No matter the hair loss cause, the Hair Growth Cycle is always negatively affected. Now males and females tend to lose hair in different places. So what are the common causes?
What are the causes of hair loss?
- • Androgenic
- • Alopecia areata
- • Telogen effluvium
- • Traction
Why am I losing hair in Singapore?
Can a GP treat hair loss?
Which doctor should I see if I am losing hair?
What is the best treatment for loss of hair?
This article would be highly educational. Essentially, the most common cause is androgenic, meaning hormonal. Hence it is impt to recognise the different grades. Stressful events, poor diet can also lead to temporary hair loss. It is best to see a Doctor who specialises in hair regrowth treatment.
The best treatment for hair loss is combination treatment. This topical, oral and clinical. Namely, minoxidil, viviscal or finasteride, and Lower level laser light therapy.
How can we grade hair loss severity?
Grading Scales for androgenic alopecia
Hamilton Norwood (Males)| Sinclair (Females)
Males tend to lose hair in the back of the head, and in the front along the hairline. Females tend to lose hair along the top of the head. Here are some illustrations.
Here is a video on how to grow hair. I like it heaps lol!
On the opposite end of the spectrum is mega hair overgrowth. THis is called hirsutism.
Hirsutism | Hair overgrowth
How can we treat hair overgrowth?
The key is to Rule out medical causes. Treatment can be effected by – Laser hair removal – ‘permanent’ after 6 – 10 sessions
What are the stages in HAIR CYCLE?
3 main phases exist. Anagen, catagen and telogen phase.
Anagen is the growth phase.
Catagen the intermediate phase.
Telogen is the resting phase.
Key principle of all the treatments is to increase the growth phase and reduce the resting phase.
What is Alopecia, hairloss treatment? | MAINSTAY
- • Lifestyle changes – healthy diet
- • Medical:
• Topical- Minoxidil 2-5%
• Oral – finasteride, dusteride, spironolactone -> Treatment for 6 months or more for better results.
• Immunosuppressant -> ( intralesional, oral steroid, MTX) – Effective for alopecia areata
How else can we treat hair loss?
- Cosmetic camouflages include coloured hair sprays to cover thinning areas on the scalp.
- Specialized scalp tattoos can also mimic the appearance of a short, buzzed haircut.
- Laser therapy is of benefit in pattern balding but one device has been approved by the FDA for marketing. This includes Erbium laser vs low level laser therapy.
- Supplements | NOURKRIN
- Growth factor microneedling system |
How do I treat hair loss in Singapore?
I like to recommend my signature non invasive approach.
Daily use of topical minoxidil, with consumption of Nourkrin.
Weekly use of LED light and serum.
Monthly use of intradermal growth factor, Anteage MD +/- erbium laser.
How does Erbium Hair Growth Laser work?
Erbium Laser | Non-ablative Er:YAG Laser with wavelength of 2940nm is shot onto the scalp tissue. There will be mild thermal pulses emitted when the scalp is heated in a controlled manner that stimulates dormant hair follicles and triggers a reaction in the scalp without damaging the tissue. This leads to an increased in blood circulation to latent hair follicles to encourage new hair growth.
Who is suitable for Hair Growth Laser?
Hair Growth Laser is suitable for those who do not need a full hair transplant. Individuals suffering from mild to moderate illness like:-
- Localised Balding
- Hair Thinning
- Pattern Hair Loss
- Early Hair Loss because of Androgenetic Alopecia
What is the Treatment Duration for laser hair growth therapy?
15 – 20 mins
How many Recommended Sessions for laser hair growth therapy?
5 -10 sessions. Maintenance is usually recommended for longer-lasting results.
You will need a complete assessment and diagnosis of your condition to understand how many number of sessions are required as it usually depends on individuals and the severity of your hair loss condition.
What is the Recommended Interval for laser hair growth therapy?
Once every 2 weeks
What is the Recovery Time for laser hair growth therapy?
What is the Treatment Cost of laser hair regrowth therapy?
Frm $ 199 / session
How Long Does the Results of Fotona® Hair Growth Laser Last?
Usually the effects will show from 9 – 12 months. There will be visible benefits noticed within a month and it will continue to improve. For the best results, maintenance treatments are recommended.
How does NOURKRIN work?
Several factors can influence the healthy Hair Growth Cycle and disrupt normal hair growth, resulting in a negative cycle of increased shedding, with weak or no re-growth at all. By utilising a Proteoglycan Replacement Therapy, which is rich in specific bioactive proteoglycans, the hair follicles can be induced back into the growth phase and begin a new revitalised Hair Growth Cycle, leading to increased hair density and quality.
Hair Growth+ inCLINIC with the unique, proprietary Marilex®-P is a scientifically developed bioactive proteoglycan formula formulated to support normal, healthy hair growth by addressing Proteoglycan Follicular Atrophy, which is an underlying cause of almost all cases of hair growth disruption, no matter the cause or type.
It is the result of more than 100 scientific studies and clinical papers, as well as several consumer studies published in leading peer-reviewed journals over the last 30 years.
How does Anteage growth factor MD system work?
AnteAGE MD Hair Microneedling Solution incorporates recent advances in hair follicle science. Specialized techniques influence bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell cultures to produce conditioned media focused on hair growth (Wnt-1a pathway) while twelve bio-identical growth factors and cytokines, each with proven efficacy in hair follicle stimulation, are added to make this the most scientifically advanced product of its type.
LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY
- Hairmax | Photobiostimulation – the secret behind HairMax’s proven hair growth successHairMax works through the process of photobiostimulation. Like photosynthesis in plants, light energy is absorbed to stimulate cellular growth. This increases blood flow to hair follicles for more oxygen and nutrients to stimulate growth.
- IGROW | LLLT is an acronym for Low Level Light Therapy. This refers to a therapy that utilizes laser or light energy below a specific energy threshold and within a specific wavelength. Light sources used for LLLT may include laser and LED devices. Laser devices used for LLLT are also referred to as cold lasers. LLLT devices produce no heat, are safe and cannot burn or injure the skin. Multiple clinical studies have shown the effectiveness of Low—Level Light Therapy in promoting hair growth in men and women with androgenetic alopecia. The exact mechanism is not fully understood, but the most recent research has identified that LLLT is absorbed into the cells, triggering enhanced cellular activity. In other words, the theory is that LLLT makes aging cells more active, thereby increasing their effectiveness in hair growth.
- Hair transplantation is becoming more popular although not everyone is suitable for this procedure
What is the clinical evidence for hair loss treatment?
A Cochrane systematic review published in 2012 concluded that minoxidil solution was effective for. Minoxidil is available as 2% and 5% solutions; the stronger preparation is more effective, but may irritate and may cause undesirable hair growth unintentionally on areas other than the scalp.
A combination of low dose oral minoxidil (0.25 mg daily) and spironolactone (25 mg daily) has been shown to be most effective.
Thats all from me. I hope this was one hair raising article.
- Feldman P.R. Fiebig K.M. Piwko C.Safety and efficacy of ALRV5XR in women with androgenetic alopecia or telogen effluvium: a randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trial.EClinicalMedicine. 2021; 37100978
- Gentile P. Garcovich S.Systematic review of platelet-rich plasma use in androgenetic alopecia compared with Minoxidil®, Finasteride®, and adult stem cell-based therapy.Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21: 2702
- Gentile P. Calabrese C. De Angelis B. et al.Impact of the different preparation methods to obtain autologous non-activated platelet-rich plasma (A-PRP) and activated platelet-rich plasma (AA-PRP) in plastic surgery: wound healing and hair regrowth evaluation.Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21: 431
- Aesthefill vs Sculptra vs Radiesse | Battle of collagen stimulators
- Facelift | Threads vs fillers vs surgery | 线雕+超声刀
- 3 top FACIAL pigmentation Singapore Laser review | 皮秒激光 |Korean Aesthetic Clinic
- ACNE free skin | Korean Aesthetic Clinic
- New innovative Hair loss therapy
Good write up!!
Some patients report experiencing pain during treatment; others describe a “sharp” sensation, as if they are being pricked by tiny,…
This is a topic that is near to my heart… Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?
[…] area of expertise includes 1. non-surgical facelift | threadlift 2. Non-surgical noselift 3. Acne scars + […]
I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I really hope to check…