Disclaimer: Do note, this article is purely for educational purposes. It does not replace a formal consultation with your doctor.
For a non surgical facelift what are common concerns?
Patients come with the following top 3 concerns…
1. Efficacy and longevity of result
2. Pain and downtime to be at a minimum
3. Cost effectiveness
How do i treat facial sagging?
I use my T.I.E approach.
In my clinical experience, this is effective for patients with mild to moderate facial sagging and realistic expectations. For ageing skin and severe facial sagging, surgical options may be more appropriate.
T: Threadlift – mini collagen threads which promote Neocollagenesis as they dissolve and improve your skin quality
I: injectibles – Profhilo, Dermal fillers, Sculptra etc. These help to not just replace volume loss but also to improve your skin health, hydration and firmness
E: Energy based devices – of these… My fav would be the Korean HIFU
We shall dive deeper in the following paragraphs.
FACELIFT OPTIONS: 热玛吉.玻尿酸。线雕. 超声刀
- Injectibles with botox and fillers
- Threadlifts (Duolift, UltraV, Y Ko)
- Energy based devices ( HIFU/ Ulthera / Thermage)
ULTIMATE KOREAN 3D DREAMLIFT – consists of fillers +/- dermalift +/- Threads/ HIFU
D.C -Dream-lift | 热玛吉.玻尿酸。线雕. 超声刀
The DC-Dream-Lift is Dr Daniel Chang’s signature technique, combining 3 key modalities injectibles, threads, and machines.
These are as follows. A popular non surgical facelift treatment originating from Seoul, South Korea, termed the Dermalift, the 8 Point Lift from Brazil, and the Ultra V lift from Korea and the Energy based device, HIFU, which is the Korean version of the Ulthera from US.
Dermalift: It involves injecting botulinum protein into the superficial layers of the skin, which
1) Stimulates and re-orders the fibroblasts of your skin cells to bind more elastin and collagen, hence creating an instant tightening effect
2) It also has a collagen stimulating effect, hence a sustained result over time.
8 Point Lift + Thread Ultra V lift:
Followed by the careful use of fillers and threads at key positions to lift, anchor and support your saggy skin. Overall result is a lifted, tighter you.
How does threadlift work?
- Initial Response – Tissue response begins within hours of contact with the mesh surface.
- Inflammatory Response – Macrophages are released, autolysing necrotic tissues. Plus, growth factors and cytokines are released.
- Angiogenesis – New granulation tissues which are composed of collagen and extracellular matrix develop
The end result is an instant tightening and face-lifting effect, which gets better over the next 7 to 14 days.
Of course, threads are not without side effects. Moving on, here are some info about threads.
I will classify threads into 3 main categories.
- Support threads
- Suspension threads
How do Suspension threads work?
- An immediate lift through repositioning soft tissue
- Regenerative action with collagen stimulation for progressive and natural results
What can I expect after threadlift?
Local anaesthesia is carefully injected into the entry and exit sites.
The threads are gently passed under the skin to induce the lift.
Whole procedure takes 30mins.
One can expect mild bruising and swelling which will resolve on its own. Occasionally, one may notice dimpling of the skin and tethering of threads after 1 -2 weeks post treatment. These improve on its own.
Less commonly, the side effect of infection. So its always important to find a credible threadlift provider.
Which areas can be improved?
- Laugh lines and marionette lines
How lasting are the results?
One can expect up to 2 years, with maintainence treatment in the interim.
A surgical facelift involves dissection and the repositioning of the SMAS. This is the gold standard for facelift. FACELIFT
Hence the take home message from this article is, combination therapy is the way to go. Combination therapy, with fillers, microbotox and energy based devices ARE EXCELLENT to produce a safe, efficient and effective non surgical facelift.Dr Daniel Chang
Here’s to a firmer, tighter, lifted and more natural you!
Essentially, there will be no or very little downtime with this procedure. You can occasionally notice some redness that goes…
Good write up!!
Some patients report experiencing pain during treatment; others describe a “sharp” sensation, as if they are being pricked by tiny,…
This is a topic that is near to my heart… Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?
[…] area of expertise includes 1. non-surgical facelift | threadlift 2. Non-surgical noselift 3. Acne scars + […]
- GOURI vs Profhilo vs SCULPTRA treatment | Singapore 2022
- ACNE treatment Singapore guide |
- Dermal filler review 2022 Ellanse vs Sculptra filler | 少女针.童颜针.玻尿酸
- How to get rid of my neck lines | Treatment review 2022
- Botox | Dysport | Xeomin. | 肉毒素