What is Dysport/ BOTOX?
- BOTOX® / DYSPORT is approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet lines in adults.
- The safety and efficacy of Dysport have been evaluated in clinical trials as well as in peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
- Dysport contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum.
- Botulinum solution is a clear fluid that relaxes the facial muscles that cause wrinkles. It is utilized to soften forehead and frown lines, even brow lines, lines on the nose, smile lines (crow’s feet) around the eye. It can likewise lift the eyebrows. It can be utilized as a part of the lower face by a specialist injector as a Dermalift procedure to tighten and lift saggy skin.
How does DYSPORT/ botulinum toxin work?
- DYSPORT/ BOTOX®Cosmetic targets MUSCLES causing frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years.
- Your specialist will inject these muscles with DYSPORT/ BOTOX®Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
Will Dysport/ BOTOX® Cosmetic make me look unnatural?
- BOTOX®Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment.
- You should not have a FROZEN look when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
- It is important to talk to your specialist about the results you want from treatment.
Does DYSPORT/ BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment hurt?
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX®Cosmetic feels like a pinch. Your specialist may use ice to numb the treatment area.
- If you are concerned about discomfort, your specialist may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
What were common side effects seen in clinical studies?
- 3% of patients experienced eyelid drooping in the frown lines studies and
- 1% of patients experienced eyelid swelling in the crow’s feet studies.
- Other possible side effects include: headache, especially in first time patients.
Why do I have persistent frown lines?
Persistent 11s/ frown lines can be divided into static and dynamic lines.
Dynamic lines happen due to muscle activity.
Static lines occur due to dermal skin thinning from repeated muscle movement, and in this case, frowning. If your lines are static, then you would benefit from fillers.
How long does the treatment take?
- Your specialist will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatments for you.
- The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes.
What to expect after botox?
It is common to experience headaches after botox. Neck pain is uncommon, but can occur. Possibilities include straining during injection, so to reduce your neck pain, you may want to try
1.Applying a warm pack to your neck during botox to reduce the muscle tension
2. Dysport as an alternative
3. Taking painkillers
I hope this helps.
What is the average treatment cost?
- Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist administering your treatment.
- Dysport is a technique-sensitive treatment—look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with.
When will I see results?
You may begin to notice results within 72 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
How many injections will I receive?
- For the crow’s feet area, your specialist will inject 3 areas of the orbicularis oculi, the muscle that frames the side of the eye.
- For the frown lines area, your specialist will administer 3 injections into muscles in your forehead—1 in the procerus muscle and 2 in the corrugator muscles.
How long is the recovery time after treatment?
- After your treatment, you can resume your day. There is minimal downtime and your specialist may give you specific aftercare instructions.
Do men receive DYSPORT/ BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
- DYSPORT/ BOTOX®Cosmetic has also been clinically evaluated in male patients.
- In clinical studies for moderate to severe frown lines, 17.5% of patients treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic were men. In the clinical studies for moderate to severe crow’s feet, male patients comprised approximately 10% of patients treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 10% of all cosmetic procedures performed in the United States in 2014 were on men—that is more than 1 million cosmetic procedures. The number of cosmetic procedures for men increased by 273% from 1997 to 2014.
How often does DYSPORT/ Botox need to be done?
- The effects of Botox are somewhat cumulative.
- Initially it may be for every 3 to 4 months, but gradually, this extends to 5 to 6 months.
- Botox is still the gold standard for treating frown lines.
What is the difference between Botox and Fillers?
- Botox (or Dysport) treatment is used to relax overactive muscles and soften lines.
- They are commonly performed in the jaw muscles, forehead, between the brows, and for crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Results last between 3-6 months.
- Fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Teosyal, Elravie, Radiesse, Sculptra, Ellanse) are used to refill and enhance your facial features, replacing lost volume, and filling deeper folds.
- Fillers are most often used in the nose, chin, cheeks, laugh lines, temples, lips.
- Results last between 6-12 months (for Juvederm/Restylane/Elravie/Teosyal/Radiesse) and 1-2 years (Sculptra, Ellanse).
How do I know if I am suitable for botox?
- First question is to confirm that your lines/wrinkles appear on movement and not at rest.
- Botox works well for dynamic / movement lines, and effects last for 3 months and will not worsen your forehead lines after it wears out. It is safe with no permanent side effects and has been used in medicine for headaches and teeth grinding.
- It is a good treatment to prevent wrinkles from worsening and is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed worldwide.