ULTIMATE KOREAN 3D V-FACE| V-LIFT| THREADLIFT
Dr Daniel Chang’s 3 Step formula to your Signature Dream-lift
STEP 1: V-FACE | Lift with Fillers + Threadlift + Botulinum toxin
STEP 2: MAINTAINENCE | Energy based devices ( collagen stimulation) + Skinboosters ( hydration)
STEP 3: LIFESTYLE | Antiageing creams, sun protection and hydration
What is the secret to a Korean V-FACE?
It is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Chin fillers to enhance your facial 3D projection
- Microinjections of Botulinum toxin – To slim your jaw muscles, firm and tighten your skin
- Threadlift to lift and anchor your saggy tissue
What is the key to looking youthful?
Jaw reduction / slimming
How does jaw slimming/ jaw reduction work?
Muscle relaxant is injected in tiny amounts to shrink your bulky chewing muscles. A squarish jaw line can be treated with DYSPORT, BOTOX® to shrink your chewing muscles (masseters) and create a slimmer v- jawline.
Who is suitable for jaw slimming / reduction?
Anyone with bulky jaw muscles.
What are the benefits of treatment?
- Reduces night grinding / bruxism
- Slims your jawline
- A more contoured, scuplted look
Signature D.C -Dream-lift
What is the science behind it?
- Collagen contraction
- Collagen remodelling
- Collagen stimulation (new)
The DC-Dream-Lift is Dr Daniel Chang’s signature technique, combining a popular non surgical facelift treatment originating from Seoul, South Korea, termed the Dermalift, the 8 Point Lift from South America, PDO threads from Korea and Skinboosters from Taiwan.
Step 1: DC Dreamlift: V-lift with threadlift+ fillers + botulinum toxin
This works on the 3 key layers of the skin.
- Botulinum toxin -Dermalift technique in the Dermis layer and botox directly into the muscles
- Threadlift – SMAS layer
- Fillers – Deep Soft tissue layer
I will explain the 3 treatments in detail below.
How do Threadlifts work?
Via an immediate lifting and progressive tightening.
- Support: An immediate lift through repositioning and anchoring soft tissue
- Biostimulation: Regenerative action with collagen stimulation for progressive volumisation and natural firming and tightening over 3 to 6 months.
What are threadlifts made of?
They are made of 100% absorbable and bio-compatible material, similar to those used in general surgery. 2 common materials exist.
- PDO: Polydioxanone material is commonly used as a surgical suture, and tends to last on average 6 months. These are the bread and butter Korean threads, though differ brands differ in terms of design ( monos, barbs, cogs, multi etc).
- PLLA :Poly-L-Lactic Acid material are also used as surgical sutures, and have greater longevity than PDO, on average 18 months, hence they can potentially stimulate collagen for a longer duration. Once dissolved, the material breaks down into lactate, glucose, carbon dioxide and water.
Where can threadlifts be used to lift?
- Jawline area
- Midface, cheek, laugh lines
How is it done?
- No surgery.
- No cutting.
- No stitching.
There is no cutting, stitching involved. Based on individualised facial vectoring, absorbable ultra-fine threads are placed under the skin with minimal downtime.
Who is suitable for threadlift?
Patients with mild to mild-moderate saggy skin with reasonable expectations.
What to expect after a Threadlift treatment?
Immediate: Your skin is immediately lifted as the threads lift soft tissue to its new position. You may look and feel slightly tighter than the final result.
1 week later: You will start to look and feel more natural.
3 months: Skin rejuvenation peaks. You will notice improved skin texture, smoother and firmer skin.
6 months: PDO threads would have dissolved, but the results still persists for many more months.
Recommendation : I recommend touchups 6 months after the initial treatment, to allow for a long lasting result of up to 2 years.
What are the risks with thread-lifts?
Depending on your skin quality and thickness, there may be temporary swelling, bruise and skin changes (puckering, visibility, bump). All these resolve with time.
Case study from American Society of Plastic Surgery
What is Botulinum toxin / botox/ dysport? ( Feelfree to refer to my FAQ page for further information)
Botulinum solution is a clear fluid that relaxes the facial muscles that cause wrinkles. It is utilized to soften forehead and frown lines, even brow lines, lines on the nose, smile lines (crow’s feet) around the eye. It can likewise lift the eyebrows. It can be utilized as a part of the lower face by a specialist injector to lift the edges of the mouth, smooth chin dimpling, lessen lines around the mouth and as a dermalift procedure to tighten and lift saggy skin.
What is Dermalift?
Dermalift involves injecting botulinum protein into the superficial layers of the skin, which utilises a refined, micro technique that demonstrates facial firming, slimming and lifting. Using careful vectoring, instead of relaxing the area, it achieves skin tightening and contraction.
1) Stimulates and re-orders the fibroblasts of your skin cells to bind more elastin and collagen, hence creating an instant firming, tightening and slimming effect
2) It also has a collagen stimulating effect, hence a sustained firming result over time.
What are the results of Dermalift?
- Slimming of your face
- Firming of your skin
How do Fillers help in lifting?
Fillers at key positions to lift, restore, anchor and support your saggy skin. This restores your original facial tissue position. Overall result is a lifted, tighter you.
Where can fillers restore volume in an ageing face?
- Laugh lines
- Pre-auricular groove
- Chin and marionette lines
Feelfree to refer to my Filler page for further information.
Part 2 Maintainence – With Energy based devices (HIFU, Thermage, Ulthera, Exilis) and skinboosters to lock in the moisture.
The end result is an instant tightening and face-lifting effect, which gets better over the next 3 months.
How does EXILIS work?
- RF warm tightening
I will classify threads into 3 main categories.
- Support threads
- Suspension threads
Suspension and contour threads
How do Suspension threads work?
- An immediate lift through repositioning soft tissue
- Regenerative action with collagen stimulation for progressive and natural results
What can I expect?
- Local anaesthesia is carefully injected into the entry and exit sites.
- The threads are gently passed under the skin to induce the lift.
- Whole procedure takes 30mins.
- One can expect mild bruising and swelling which will resolve on its own.
Which areas can be improved?
- Laugh lines and marionette lines
How lasting are the results?
One can expect 1.5 years, with maintainence treatment in the interim.
A surgical facelift involves dissection and the repositioning of the SMAS. This is the gold standard for facelift. FACELIFT
Silhouette Soft is a cutting edge treatment with a double lifting and collagenesis (generating collagen) effect.
How does it work?
One treatment, dual actions.
- A lift action for an immediate and instant effect
- A regenerative action for gradual and natural results: Stimulates growth of new collagen to give more definition to your feature and maintaining volume over time.
Why is it special?
- Immediate natural lift effect
- Progressive growth of new collagen and restoration of lost collagen
- Entirely re-absorbable component (poly-L-Lactic acid)
- 30 minute procedure with no incisions, results lasting up to 18 months
- Tailor-made treatment for SAGGINESS of various areas: jawline, neck, cheek area and eyebrow.
Post Treatment Recommendations ( Threadlift)
After the treatment, a slight swelling or bruising may occur. Sometimes, a slight skin depression or skin irregularity may appear at the entry points. These disappear a week after treatment.
The doctor will prescribe an antibiotic cream to apply on the entry and exit points of the sutures twice a day (in the morning and in the evening, during 5 days):
- Apply cold packs immediately after the procedure if required (Cold packs should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion point)
- Take analgesia e.g. paracetamol in case of pain (2-3 days)
- Refrain from applying make-up for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours)
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows (3-5 nights)
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (5 days)
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements (2 weeks)
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks)
- Avoid sports, in particular high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks)
- Do not use saunas or hammams (3 weeks)
- Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks)
- Avoid face and neck massages and face and neck aesthetic treatments (4 weeks)
Social and professional life can be resumed quickly!
Take home message:Combination therapy, together with fillers, microbotox and energy based devices would be the way to go to produce a safe, efficient and effective non surgical facelift.