Threadlift, Ultra – V, Hiko, Artlift, Silhouette Soft
Today, we will discuss facial enhancement, and the topic of today is the Asian nose.
I shall share my experience and give a balanced an unbiased view comparing HIKO nose threadlift, Nose fillers and Rhinoplasty.
What is HIKO?
HIKO is an elegant technique , founded in Seoul. There are many versions of HIKO, and various threadlift companies have their own version.
How does it work?
Here is the science behind it. Fine threads called polydioxanone (PDO are inserted into the nose to enhance your bridge, body and tip. Fibroblasts are stimulated to produce new collagen, which produces a volumizing and lifting effect. Below are the various sizes of a HIKO thread.
What is the difference between HIKO and nose fillers?
To learn more about this, please click here. NOSE AUGMENTATION
- Nose fillers carry the risk of blindness and skin necrosis. They can be used to enhance your nose bridge, tip and body, especially if you have a flat nose. Non surgically, with minimal pain, downtime and bruising. Results are instant. Nose fillers can be used to correct a flat nose bridge, a down pointing nose tip, and a dorsal hump, all common in Asians. However, it cannot be used to make a nose smaller. To do so visually, there are options. In the grand scheme of things, it is important for the nose to harmonise with the rest of your facial features. Keeping things natural, simple and beautiful.
- HIKO is akin to a marriage between traditional dermal fillers and surgical implants. Results are more natural than fillers. Compared with fillers, HIKO has better longevity, does not spread out to broaden the nose (which can happen with fillers), and produces a sharper nose tip with higher bridge.
- Compared to surgery with implants, it has relatively no downtime, reduced pain, swelling and bruising.
Pictures below are purely for educational purposes. They do not represent before and after patient treatments.
Above are example of nose augmentation, done to correct the sunken nose bridge and raise the nose tip, common issues in Asians.
And here, we have one of the most beautiful Asian woman. See if you can guess who she is!
FACELIFT – Non surgical
ULTIMATE KOREAN 3D DREAMLIFT – Please refer to page DC DREAMLIFT
I will classify threads into 3 main categories.
- Support threads
- Suspension threads
How do Suspension threads work?
- An immediate lift through repositioning soft tissue
- Regenerative action with collagen stimulation for progressive and natural results
What can I expect?
- Local anaesthesia is carefully injected into the entry and exit sites.
- The threads are gently passed under the skin to induce the lift.
- Whole procedure takes 30mins.
- One can expect mild bruising and swelling which will resolve on its own. Occasionally, one may notice dimpling of the skin and tethering of threads after 1 -2 weeks post treatment. These improve on its own.
- Less commonly, the side effect of infection. So its always important to find a credible threadlift provider.
Which areas can be improved?
- Laugh lines and marionette lines
How lasting are the results?
One can expect up to 2 years, with maintainence treatment in the interim.
A surgical facelift involves dissection and the repositioning of the SMAS. This is the gold standard for facelift.FACELIFT
Hence the take home message from this article is, combination therapy is the way to go. Combination therapy, with fillers, microbotox and energy based devices ARE EXCELLENT to produce a safe, efficient and effective non surgical facelift.
Here’s to a firmer, tighter, lifted and more natural you!
Dr Daniel Chang
To learn more about:
ALL Dermatology and Aesthetic treatments, do click here Ultimate Guide to Korean Medical Aesthetics.
Threadlifts, pls click here Facelift, V-Lift.
Dermal fillers, pls click here ABCs to Dermal Fillers.