Many people are concerned about their pores. ‘What is the best treatment to fix my pores’ is a common question I get asked all the time. Today being Mother’s Day, allow me to share top tips to reduce your pore size.
What are pores?
Pores are tiny channels that allow the passage of sebum, sweat out onto your skin. Well, they are usually tiny, but environmental insults, sun exposure causes breakdown of collagen and elastin, and coupled with the accumulation of dirt and sebum, pores balloon.
What is the best treatment for my open pores?
Pores can be divided into mild, moderate and severe. Treatment depends on your pore size, extent and location.
Mild pores respond well to basic skincare. I call it the A.B.C skincare regime.
A: AHA creams ( containing glycolic acid ), vitamin A creams ( Retinoids are gold standard for anti ageing. This has been proven by scientific studies. )
B: BHA creams ( containing salicylic acid, which are great for oil control )
C: Vitamin C, anti oxidants and collagen based creams ( For skin health )
Moderate pores respond to a combination of the above skincare and medical aesthetic treatments.
In my experience, deep seated advanced Pores respond to combination therapy.
- Fractional Laser combined with Collagen boosting laser
- RF Microneedling +/- TCA cross
Take home message
- Pore size is genetically determined
- People with oily skin have larger pores. Squeezing your pimples can enlarge your pores permanently
- In my experience, combination treatment can improve pore size by up to 50%
So we hope this little segment on pores has been helpful to you.
DR DANIEL CHANG
MBBS(S’pore) MRCS (UK) MSc (UK)
OUR WORK ENABLES US TO HELP PEOPLE OVERCOME THE ODDS TO LOOK AND FEEL THEIR VERY BEST, AND WE ARE MOST THANKFUL FOR THAT.
We know it’s always a challenge to find someone you can trust. We know and we CARE. We know no one is perfect and we have our shortcomings. But, we are dedicated to doing our BEST for you. We are here for you, here to EMPOWER and journey with you on your Aesthetic dream. TRANSFORM your solitary fantasies into a million realities. Fulfil the highest, truest, purest expression of yourself. Making ASIA, more beautiful, one face at a time.
Dr DANIEL CHANG | MASTERCLASS TRAINER | CATHOLIC | KICKASS MENTOR |
To learn more about:
Threadlifts, pls click here Facelift, V-Lift.
Dermal fillers, pls click here ABCs to Dermal Fillers.
Pigmentation, pls click here Pigmentation.
Acne, pls click here. Acne.
- Flament, F., Francois, G., Qiu, H., Ye, C., Hanaya, T., Batisse, D., … Bazin, R. (2015, February 16). Facial skin pores: a multiethnic study. Clinical, Comestic and Investigational Dermatology, 8. 85–93. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4337418/
- Lee, S. J., Seok, J., Jeong, S. Y., Park, K. Y., Li, K., & Seo, S. J. (2016, March). Facial pores: Definition, causes, and treatment options [Abstract]. Dermatologic Surgery, 42(3), 277–285. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26918966
- Schittek, B., Hipfel, R., Sauer, B., Bauer, J., Kalbacher, H., Stevanovic, S., … Garbe, C. (2001, December). Dermcidin: a novel human antibiotic peptide secreted by sweat glands [Abstract]. Nature Immunology, 2(12), 1133–1137. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11694882