- What is Pico Laser?
- How much does PicoSure cost in Singapore?
- Is Pico laser treatment effective?
- What causes pigmentation? |皮秒激光
- What can worsen pigmentation?
- Is there any cure for pigmentation?
- Can all pigmentation be cured?
- What is the best cream for pigmentation?
- I have dry and sensitive skin. Am i a good candidate for pigmentation treatment ?
- What causes dark discoloration on cheeks?
- What are the effective Solutions To Get Rid Of Dark Spots, Pigmentation and Scars?
- How does Pico laser 皮秒激光 treatment for pigmentation work?
- Is Pico laser pigmentation |皮秒激光treatment painful?
- What are the side effects of Pico laser pigmentation | 皮秒激光 treatment? Is there any downtime?
- Is Pico laser pigmentation 皮秒激光 removal permanent?
- What is the cost of Pico laser? 皮秒激光价钱多少？
- What are my post Pico LASER Care Instructions?
- New Posts
What is Pico Laser?
It is a dynamic, non surgical, cutting edge technology using pico-second technology to treat pigmentation, pores, scars, pimples and tattoo.
How much does PicoSure cost in Singapore?
Prices start from $250 per session.
Is PicoLaser expensive?
There are many types of pico laser in the market, and even pseudo-pico lasers. Majority of the Pico lasers in Singapore are from Korea.
How much does PicoCare laser treatment cost?
Prices start from $250 per session.
Is Pico laser treatment effective?
In skilled hands, yes Pico laser is effective for pigmentation, pores, pimples, acne scars and tattoos.
How does Pico laser work?
It uses the latest pico-second laser to breakdown skin facial pigmentation into smaller particles which are eliminated by your immune system. Analogy is the breaking of stones into pebbles and then into fine sand particles.
What are the disadvantages of Pico laser?
A doctor skilled in Q switched laser may not be skilled with the Pico laser. Hence results are operator dependent.
How many sessions of Pico laser do I need?
It depends on the condition we are treating. Be it pigmentation, pores, pimples, or acne scars and tattoos.
What causes pigmentation? |皮秒激光
Do you find yourself bothered by those pesky brown spots that appear to be growing more and more?
Pigmentation occurs when your body produces excess pigments. Scientifically, this results from hyperstimulation of your melanin producing cells, known as melanocytes. This causes aggregates of melanin sacks, known as melanosomes. These collections at different layers of your skin contribute to the umbrella term of skin pigmentation.
The latest technology is Picosecond laser. 皮秒激光 This is cutting edge technology that helps to breakdown pigments whilst having a lower risk of Post inflammatory inflammation.
What can worsen pigmentation?
Pigmentation can be worsened by
- Sun exposure
- Inflammation – Hence picking a pimple tends to leave those unsightly marks *slaps forehead*
- Hormonal changes – This is commonly seen post childbirth in women with melasma
Pigmentation can be divided into hereditary, acquired and both. In Singapore, these are the common conditions I see.
Hereditary: 1. Hori’s Nevus 2. Nevus of Ota 3. Becker’s Nevus
Acquired: 1. Freckles 2. Solar Lentigo 3. Post- inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Can all pigmentation be cured?
In general, ALL pigmentation can be treated. The word cure and removal tends to indicate all or nothing, and in my opinion, are common marketing gimmicks employed by non-medical beauty spas.– Dr Daniel Chang
Every skin is different, every skin is unique. Hence there is no one size fits all approach. It is best to seek a formal face to face consultation with your specialist to understand your skin condition better.
I have dry and sensitive skin. Am i a good candidate for pigmentation treatment ?
Sending photographs of your pigmentation to your physician is not the best measure. Because we need to see your pigmentation in 3D, under lighting from various angles and palpate your pigmentation to give you the best medical advice.
If it is on both sides of your cheeks, in Singapore, clinically the top 3 most common are
- Hori’s Nevus
What are the effective Solutions To Get Rid Of Dark Spots, Pigmentation and Scars?
- Laser Light treatment – The clinical treatment protocol is dependent on the expertise of your physician |皮秒激光
- Lightening creams – hydroquinone based remains the gold standard with the best evidence. Of note, cysteamine is a product which I find has good results for melasma.
How does Pico laser 皮秒激光 treatment for pigmentation work?
- Step 1: A consultation with your physician who diagnoses your clinical pigmentation condition and individualises a treatment plan
- Step 2: Medical grade FDA approved lasers target your pigmentation deeply, precisely and accurately in a way creams and peels cannot do. They warm up your pigmentation and shatter them into smaller bits.
- Step 3: These shattered pigments are then removed, leaving clean and clear, glowy and beautiful skin.
Is Pico laser pigmentation |皮秒激光treatment painful?
Most of my patients do not require numbing cream. They experience a warm tooth pick sensation. Those who apply numbing cream are fairly comfortable.
What are the side effects of Pico laser pigmentation | 皮秒激光 treatment? Is there any downtime?
I tell my patients to expect R.B.C. Most of my patients experience these side effectsover 3 days, and in some cases, 5 days. They are off to work the next day, so lasers in general do not contribute to any downtime.– Dr Daniel Chang
Is Pico laser pigmentation 皮秒激光 removal permanent?
Majority of my patients are on laser maintainence. Our skin is dynamic, and sun exposure ever increasing. Patients see the benefit of lasers, and notice the difference especially after stopping treatment.
What is the cost of Pico laser? 皮秒激光价钱多少？
A session of PicoLaser in experienced hands starts from $300.
What are my post Pico LASER Care Instructions?
The majority of patients have little or no downtime after the laser session. However, some may experience transient facial redness, swelling or mild discomfort, which settles quickly.
You can wash your face with plain water, and gentle cleansers the same day, and apply light make-up as well.
Dos and Donts
- Please avoid the use of harsh topical products/medications such as topical retinoids (e.g. Differin, Epiduo), AHA products (Alpha Hydroxy Acids e.g. glycolic acid), and facial scrubbing for at least one week after the laser session. When in doubt omit items which cause irritation.
- Please apply a moisturising cream to facilitate skin healing and renewal.
- It is advisable to avoid prolonged sun exposure between treatments. A sunscreen of SPF 30 and or higher should be applied every day.
Products to avoid One Week after Pico Laser:
- AHA / BHA Products | alcohol based products
(e.g. Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid)
- Retinol | Whitening products
- Exfoliation / Scrubs
1. AHA / BHA产品|酒精类产品
- 1.Diaz-Pérez J.L., Mitxelena J., Diaz-Ramón L., et al. Discromías. Medicine 1999; 136: 6425–6430Google Scholar
- 2.Serrano S., Fernández-Vozmediano J.M. Hiperpigmentaciones por medicamentos. Monogr Dermatol 1996; 9: 45–55Google Scholar
- 3.Armijo M., Ortega R.M. Discromías. In: Armijo M., Camacho F., editors. Dermatología. 3rd ed. Madrid: Aula Médica Ed., 1998: 353–380Google Scholar
[…] SCULPTRA. ASTHEFILL. RADIESSE. […]
[…] SCULPTRA. ASTHEFILL. RADIESSE. […]
[…] ACNE Scar GUIDE […]
[…] DARK EYE CIRCLES | […]
Essentially, there will be no or very little downtime with this procedure. You can occasionally notice some redness that goes…