Have you noticed yourself dropping more hair than usual?
Does running a comb through your hair yield many fallen strands?
Celebrity hair loss advertisements promising hair regrowth catch your eye and you are considering that free consultation?
Hair loss is indeed one of the most distressing disorders for people.
So exactly how much hair loss is considered abnormal?
Studies show that losing 100+ strands of hair a day is NORMAL.
Hair loss more than your usual is NOT NORMAL. If it persists for more than a week, seek medical attention.
What should you do if you have excessive hair loss?
Key is to identify the cause. When you know the cause, you can treat it. Let me break it down into 3 simple steps.
What is the GOLD standard management for hair loss?
What are common hair treatment myths?
- Dont be misled into by treatments that claim to awaken your roots and grow new hair. It is unfortuately all B.S
- Dont be attracted to celebrity endorsements for instant hair regrowth. The only thing you are growing is their big fat wallet.
- In my humble opinion, beauty spas that overly advertise their services on google ads and social media sponsored posts are the ones you need to be most careful of. If their treatments really work, they would be so busy there is simply no need to promote their services.
- Safe and effective treatment = Good word of mouth = Busy Practice
- Treatment that works would reduce hair loss and helping your existing hair follicles grow thicker and stronger hair.
- When all else fails, you can stick to hair tattoos, wigs or Follicular Unit Extraction. So dont despair.
How effective is Regenera?
There are > 10000 patients worldwide that have been treated with this method since April 2015.
How safe is Regenera?
Regenera Activa has been through extensive clinical trials for efficacy and safety.
It is approved by major health regulatory authorities like Europe CE and US FDA for effectiveness and safety in treating androgenetic alopecia (pattern hair loss).
Is there any downtime from Regenera?
Minimal discomfort and downtime are expected during and after Regenera Activa®️ Treatment. You can resume your daily activities immediately after the treatment, but avoid swimming for a week.
Can Regenera be combined with other therapies?
Yes and results are optimised this way. Regenera Activa can be combined with oral hair growth supplement, hair growth spray and low-level laser therapy depending on the individual’s condition and preference. Combination treatment may lead to the more superior outcome. It is common for patients to reduce their dosage of DHT-blockers after their Regenera Activa treatment.
Who is unsuitable for Regenera?
The only medical contraindication is an active infectious process in the scalp. Post hair transplant patients are also suitable candidates.
Disclaimer- In my practice, I do NOT routinely prescribe oral medication for hair loss. I focus on interventions (filler, botox, threadlift, energy based devices etc). So please do not make an appt to see me for medical hair loss. As these medication would require regular careful monitoring for optimum results, I would recommend Dr Joyce Lim or Prof Goh for medical treatment of hair loss. Thank you.
- Price, Vera H. “Treatment of hair loss.” New England Journal of Medicine 341, no. 13 (1999): 964-973.
- Kaufman, Keith D., Elise A. Olsen, David Whiting, Ronald Savin, Richard DeVillez, Wilma Bergfeld, Vera H. Price et al. “Finasteride in the treatment of men with androgenetic alopecia.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology39, no. 4 (1998): 578-589.
- Cotsarelis, George, and Sarah E. Millar. “Towards a molecular understanding of hair loss and its treatment.” Trends in molecular medicine 7, no. 7 (2001): 293-301.
To learn more about
So I hope this has been helpful. Feelfree to leave your comments and enquiries below. Have a bold and beautiful day!!