This is a series of 3 articles on the concept of antiageing, specifically, how to look absolutely smashing without makeup.
Today, I am going to teach you my signature S.E.W technique. Basically, by fulfilling these basic 3 steps, you are on your way to natural, dewy skin. Now you can wear makeup lightly.
Sun: We all know the harmful effects of sun. It causes free radical damage and accelerates loss of collagen and elastin, leading to thin, loose and poor skin texture. It also stimulates melanin cells, hence forming patching pigmentation and uneven skin tone.
- Spf 30 and above. Do not be fooled by products labelling SPF 100. It does not mean 100% protection. In fact, it is a sheer marketing gimmick. No sunscreen offers 100% protection. Often times, it is better to stick to trusted brands with credible values.
- Shade: Block with shades and umbrella. Sun protected skin is good skin.
Exfoliation: By removing the layer of dead skin on our faces, we see an instant glow, a fresher and younger look. This layer is also smoother, enabling ample reflection of light, hence a brighter, more radiant you.
- Facial scrubs can be done twice at home.
- Dermabrasion can be performed by skilled therapists.
- Lasers and Medical Peels can be performed under a Doctor’s advice for the final polishing touches.
Water: Inside and Out.
- Hydrate with moisturisers at home DAILY!
- Hydrate with fruits and water, heaps of it. Take care of yourself inside and out.
- Hydrate with skinboosters. These are microdroplets of Hyaluronic acid deposited into the skin. Below is a video of the procedure. This is purely educational and not meant to promote any brand. Currently there are 3 brands in the market who carry skinboosters. Parvus, Prollenium and Galderma.
- Here’s an unbiased overview of the 3 so you can understand the pros and cons of each better. I have included the videos too, as a picture paints a thousand words.
Teosyal Redensity 1
DERMO-RESTRUCTURING COMPLEX – 3 highly efficient and powerful antioxidants, 2 minerals, 1 vitamin and 8 amino acids selected for their pharmaceutical grade, non-allergenic properties and compatibility with hyaluronic acid. A selection of natural, non-allergenic and synergic ingredients. For efficient skin protection and redensification. Personally this sounds like an awesome cocktail of mesotherapy grade skin nutrients and dermal fillers. I do not know of any brand that has this excellent combination.
This is the only non cross-linked HA gel in the Revanesse family of dermal fillers. Pure helps to nourish and moisturize the entire surface of the skin as it is quickly absorbed. The gel replenishes HA lost to aging while hydrating the skin and restoring elasticity for firm, healthy looking skin. Personally, I have heard some nice reviews about this brand so would be really keen to try it out.
And finally, the makers of skinboosters, Restylane. They need no introduction. Here are some videos.
So… no more makeup… the icing is with natural hydrating hyaluronic acid, deposited just under the skin.
We know it’s always a challenge to find someone you can trust. We know and we CARE. We know no one is perfect and we too have our shortcomings. But, we are dedicated to doing our very BEST for you. We are here for you, and here to journey with you on your Aesthetic dream. TRANSFORM your solitary fantasies into a million realities. Fulfil the highest, truest, purest expression of yourself. Making ASIA, more beautiful, one face at a time.
Dr DANIEL CHANG |
POET | CATHOLIC | TRIATHLETE |